Q: How do I get there?
- Click here for an interactive map with driving directions.
Q: Is there a dress code?
Please ensure that your child wears their uniform to school daily (ages 2-5). This is to avoid ruining their regular clothes, which may be upsetting to some. Paint and spaghetti sauce stains do happen. The shoes they wear must be slip-proof, comfortable and good to run in. Also, make sure that you have at least one complete change of clothes in your child’s cubby at all times(must include a shirt, pants, socks and underclothes).
Q: What if my child gets sick?
If a child becomes ill while in the care of the center, such as temperature of 101.5 (F), vomiting or diarrhea, measures will be taken to make the child is as comfortable as possible. The parent/guardian will be contacted immediately and informed of the child’s condition. If they are unavailable, then the emergency/alternate contact will be contacted. For the well-being of the child as well as the health of the other children and staff members in the center, it is mandatory that the ill child be picked up immediately. Please Note: If your child has a communicable disease (i.e. Pink
Eye, Ring Worm, Influenza Type A, Measles, etc…) you will be asked to follow the Public Health Rules regarding the incubation period for each illness and/or isolation. A doctor’s certificate will be required upon re-entry into center.
Q: What holidays are you closed?
- Jumpstart Child Day Care Center will observe the following Holidays:
New Year’s Day January 1st
Good Friday TBA
Memorial Day TBA
Fourth of July July 4th
Labor Day TBA
Thanksgiving Day TBA
Day After Thanksgiving TBA
Christmas Eve December 24th
Christmas Day December 25th
New Year’s Eve December 31st.
Q: Do you have an outdoor playground?
Jumpstart Child Enrichment Center has an Outdoor Playground that is separated by age by a fence which provides each age group with age appropriate activities. Only two classes at a time are permitted on the playground (ex. 1 & 3 year olds). It is a Department of Children and Families regulation that children partake in outdoor play (weather permitting) on a daily basis. During the summer months, precautions will be taken in regards to high temperatures, humidity, and rain.
Q: What materials or supplies does my child need?
- At least 2 complete changes of clothing (labeled with child’s name).
- 2 Bed Linens (small pillow-optional) for naptime to cover up.
- Fitted sheet for cot (crib sheets fit the best).
- Disposable diapers, wet wipes, diaper creams and other toiletries (if not potty trained).
- Please provide your child’s teacher with a current photo of your child as well as a current family photo
Q: Does Jumpstart offer any extra activities?
- Jumpstart offers a full Summer Program for all ages (including school-aged through 10 years old). Our Summer Program maintains a curriculum based program that incorporates fun summer related activities as well as field trips into your child’s day. Dance, and art classes are also offered at different points during the year (at an additional charge).
Schedule a Tour of our “5” Star Jumpstart Enrichment Program Today! 305-826-0555 Child Day Care Center Miami Lakes